Friday, November 22, 2013

Over the Top Embossing!

One of my favorite WOW techniques is heat embossing.  It's such a simple way to add texture and interest to so many projects.  For this card I chose to do all the stamped images with heat embossing.  Yep, that's right, all the stamped images are embossed!  I used white embossing powder for the snowflakes and the "snow" in the background and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder for the Merry Christmas sentiment.  I stamped the snowflakes using the Festive Flurry stamp set on Vellum cardstock, heat embossed them and cut them out with the coordinating framelits.
The "snow" in the background is actually from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set!  It's paint-splatter appearance is perfect for 'in the distance' snow.   I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do!
 
Supply List:
Cherry Cobbler cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Vellum Cardstock
Silver Glimmer Paper
Greetings of the Season stamp set
Gorgeous Grunge
Festive Flurry stamp set
Festive Flurry framelits
VersaMark watermark ink pad
White and Cherry Cobbler embossing powder
Cherry Cobbler Ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment