Thursday, October 10, 2013

Custom Night Light

There is a lot more to paper crafting than just cards.  I admit, cards are my weakness and first love, but sometimes its fun to mix it up a little and see what kinds of crafts you can make using paper in non-conventional ways!  This seasonal night light was super easy to create and could be switched out so easily!  I bought this "half lamp shade" style night light at my local craft store for a few dollars.  I made a pattern from the lamp shade portion and added 1/2" on each of the sides (not the top and bottom, just the sides).  I then traced my pattern onto a piece of Vellum cardstock.  I stamped my leaf image from the Best of Autumn stamp set in Black StazOn ink.
I then colored the leaves with my Pumpkin Pie
Stampin' Write Marker.  I attached a strip of
 my Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon to the top and bottom of the with tombo multipurpose liquid glue and folded each of the sides around the sides of the lamp shade.  The Vellum does a great job of maintaining the shape you put it in, so it wraps around the edges of the shade and holds beautifully.  I didn't use any extra adhesive to keep the vellum on, although you could certainly use a glue dot for a little extra reassurance.  You could do so many different
variations of this project, the choices are endless!
Coordinate it with your décor, do a seasonal take onit or make the perfect addition to your baby's
nursery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment