Friday, August 16, 2013

Monochromatic and Beautiful

I have often found that I am drawn to cards that use only one or two colors.  Their simplicity intrigues me, and even though this card does have many layers to it, it still appears as a "simple beauty".  The cardstock colors include Whisper White, Smokey Slate and Silver Glimmer Paper.  I stamped the image of the bird from the Simply Sketched hostess set in Black StazOn and the sentiment from the same stamp set in Smokey Slate.  I used a blender pen and Smokey Slate ink on the tail of the bird to create some more dimension.  Cutting out the Whisper White and Glimmer Paper with the Labels Collection Framelits added an elegant feel to the card.  When I embossed the Smokey Slate piece I only embossed about 3/4 of the way down the paper so I would have a space to stamp my sentiment.  I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder and then punched the edges with the corner punch.  Rhinestones under the sentiment added the finishing touch to this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment