Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet and Simple


This super cute card is sure to brighten anyone's birthday!  I started with Crumb Cake (Kraft) card stock for the card base.  I cut a piece of the same color at 5 1/4" X 4" and ran it through my Big Shot embossing only 3/4 of the paper with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Next, I stamped the saying "It's not about how many candles you blow out but how many cupcakes you get!" from the Create a Cupcake stamp set in Rich Razzleberry ink.  By using the Boho Blossom Punch and the 7/8" Scallop Circle punch I created each of these adorable little flowers in the following colors; Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive.  I added each layer to the previous layer using a glue dot and finished the centers off with a small rhinestone.  This simple card is made stunning by the use of bright colors on a muted tone like Crumb Cake.  I love it and hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment