Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Best Mate

 
Today marks a very special birthday...My husband turns 32 today.  All mushy stuff aside...he truly is my best friend and my "best mate".  For his birthday this year he got his first boat.  Now, it's nothing spectacular, just a fishing boat, but when he pulled in the driveway with it for the first time his eyes lit up like a child on Christmas!  So of course, I wanted to create a card for his special day that represents his personality and interests.  These two stamps are from the "Hello, Sailor" set in the Occasions Catalog.  And of course...the Hardwood Stamp is one of my faves right now!  Also in the Occasions Catalog. 

 
I love to use interesting and new color combinations, and this one is no exception.  I really believe the Hardwood stamp would look good on ANYTHING, but in this case I used Baked Brown Sugar ink on Coastal Cabana Card Stock.  The anchor is stamped on one of the Wooden Elements.  I love stamping on these cuties!  So easy, and it really adds some interest to any card! 
I hope you all enjoy this card as much as I did making it!
 
Supply List:
Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock
Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink
Coastal Cabana Card Stock
Very Vanilla Card Stock
Gold Fancy Vellum
Gold Foil Paper
Wooden Elements
1 3/4" Circle Punch
2 1/2" Circle Punch
Gold Baker's Twine
Banners Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment