Friday, June 12, 2015

Hydrangea Butterfly Card


This elegant card was one my New Catty Kickoff attendees got to make!  It uses the new Watercolor Wings and Hostess Set Best Thoughts.  The color combo is Smokey Slate, So Saffron and Whisper White with a touch of Momento Black for the sentiment.
The hydrangea and the dots along the sides are both stamped with Smokey Slate ink.  I offset the embossed piece for some added interest.


It's difficult to see, but the So Saffron layer is embossed with the brand new Fluttering Embossing folder.  I'm loving it!  As you know, I'm a butterfly addict, so it was part of my June 2nd order!  To create the butterfly I stamped with So Saffron ink on a scrap of Whisper White card stock.  I then used the Butterfly Thinlits (carried over from the Occasions Catalog) to cut it out.  With a scrap piece of Vellum and a sheet of wax paper between the die and the card stock I cut out a small detailed butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits.  I attached them with a glue dot and of course they fit perfectly together because they COORDINATE!  Thank you Stampin' Up!  Using 3 small Rhinestones I covered up that glue dot and then attached it to the card.


The sentiment is stamped with the Momento Black ink on a strip of Whisper White cardstock and then flagged with the Banner Punch. (hopefully you've seen me do this on a video before so you know what I mean, but if not just use your paper snips).  A slightly smaller strip of So Saffron backs the sentiment piece and I added a single Rhinestone to finish this beauty up!

I hope you love this card!

Supply List:



No comments:

Post a Comment