Sunday, June 22, 2014

My Little Pony Party

Abby's Birthday Bash!
It's hard to believe that my baby girl is 5.  She's my first...so each year gets harder.  This year is especially hard because this fall she starts Kindergarten.  When did that happen!?  That was the fastest 5 years of my life!  This year she wanted to have a My Little Pony themed party and I happily obliged!  My Little Pony is one of my favorites from when I was a little girl.  I decided to try and simplify the decorating a bit by going with a rainbow theme that went with Rainbow Dash of course!  This AMAZING cake was made by a super talented and dear friend of mine, Laura Mileski.   You can CLICK HERE to visit her Facebook page to see all of the beautiful cakes she has made!  I wish I had taken a picture of the inside, it was layered rainbow too!  If you live in the South Central PA area I highly recommend her!

I decided to do a simple banner to top the cake alongside Rainbow Dash.
I used 2 long lollipop sticks with a string of Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine between to hold the banner pieces.  The paper is perfect and from the Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper.  The letters are from the old Alphabet Bigz Dies that just retired, but I couldn't sell them, they come in way to handy!  Hold up those sweet little banners with our Metallic Mini Clothespins and it's a cute accent for the cake.  I tied the bows on the ends with the new Cotton Ribbon in Daffodil Delight.  So soft and easy to use, loving this new addition to the catalog!
No party is complete without fun party food.  Although we had a BBQ, I wanted there to be a few foods to entertain people while they waited.  The fruit skewered rainbow above was inspired by Pinterest, of course!  It made a beautiful rainbow of fruit and was a huge hit with the kids.

Another Pinterest inspired idea were the Rainbow Haybales and Rainbow Candy Bar that was complete with pony tails and unicorn horns.  The adorable little card that sat in front of the food was created with MDS, Stampin' Up!'s digital software.  Click for more information about MDS HERE.


One of our twins is a Celiac, so he cannot have gluten.  I always make him gluten free cupcakes whenever we have a celebration to attend or one at home so he feels just like the other kids at cake time.  These cupcakes were frosted with Rainbow Dash blue tinted frosting and adorned with a super simple Cupcake Topper created with the new set, Something to Say and that Sweet Taffy DSP.  


The favors were one of my favorite parts.  I made 15 of these super cute fry boxes using the new Fry Box Die in the new Catalog.  I stuffed them full of toy goodies and attached a piece of ribbon with Rainbow Dash attached to the tag.  The kids loved choosing one of these from the basket before they left.  

The "For you" sentiment is actually from the Honeycomb Hello stamp set.  It's made to coordinate with the Honeycomb framelit, which of course it does, but I also discovered that it works beautifully with the Banner Punhch!  Lots of those images in that set fit in the Banner Punch.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing these creations as much as Abby enjoyed her party!
  

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this Little Pony Party for birthday celebrations looks just amazing. That yummy cupcakes and colorful fruit sticks are truly my favorite part in this bash. You know my niece’s 1st birthday is in Feb so we are going to host a fun outdoor party for her at the local indoor event venues.

    ReplyDelete