Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Just Because Beauty

I think most of my projects are quick and cute.  I like to focus on quick production for the simple fact that I have a very important job that takes most of my time...Mommy to 3.  But sometimes, sitting down and spending more time on a card is just what I need to relax (when I have time of course).  As far as I know, Happy Watercolor will not be available after the end of the Occasions Catalog on June 1st, so I'm making lots of cards with it so I can enjoy it for as long as possible.  There are two other products that are also slated to retire; the Large Basic Pearls and the Quatrefancy Designer Series Paper.  The piece I used is actually a printed window sheet that comes in the pack.  

The most time consuming part of this card was the 'window frame'.  I used the Window Frame Framelits to create the look and punched a 1 3/4" Circle in the Crisp Cantaloupe piece.  To get a nice even look punch your circle first, then run it through the Big Shot with the Window Framelit.  I used my Magnetic Platform and it was a breeze!  Cut out a piece of Window Sheet that is slightly larger than the 1 3/4" circle you punched.  I used my Circle Framelits for this.  Adhere it to the back of your Window Frame with a bit of 2 Way Glue Pen.  Love that adhesive for tight areas.  It works great to tack down the Quatrefancy Window Sheet as well!  You can hardly see it!  Then pop up your Crisp Cantaloupe piece with strips of Dimensionals on the sides to give it more of a 'window' feel.  The stamped image is also cut with the same size Window Framelit and the Smoky Slate piece is cut with the next size larger.  
I hope you enjoy this project!  All of the supplies are listed below, click on an image to see it in my online store for easy 24 hour ordering!

Supply List:

No comments:

Post a Comment